The Green Man is one of the most frequently recurring and beautiful motifs of medieval art. Known as God of the Woodlands, he represents the spirit of the trees and the green growing things of the earth. Common among the carved decoration of Europe's oldest churches and cathedrals, he is often referred to as the foliate mask. The foliage that surrounds him is most frequently oak, the sacred tree of Britain.
- Buckle face measures 3 inches (7.6 cm) in width by 2 1/2 inches (6.3 cm) tall
- Created from the sculpture work of Paul Borda of Dryad Design
- Reflects the natural texture of the original sculpture
- Forged in the USA of quality, lead-free pewter
- Fits a 1 1/2 inch (3.8 cm) wide belt
Stock Number: DD-P101