Pewter Drunken Dragon Necklace
The Gaelic Myth: Every year, when the spring Moon of Beltane is full, two fierce Dragons appeared setting ablaze the kingdoms villages and farms during a tremendous fight. "Open the casks!" the King shouted, "open them all. Hurry men, take a draught for ye selves, and another fer luck, drink fer bravery, to help us survive this hellish night!" The king ran to the trap. Inside the deep pit was an immense stone vault. Villagers were pouring into it all the honey mead and ale within the kingdom. When the last drop of mead was in the vault, the king ordered the trap to be covered. Soon they heard the Dragons' piercing screams, and saw waves of flames shoot across the sky. Throughout the night the two ancient beasts viciously fought. Finally they landed near the trap. Suddenly one dragon pounced and both tumbled into the pit! The powerful drink soon overwhelmed them. The men sealed the drunken dragons within, ending centuries of terror. The stone chest with the captive dragons was then taken and buried under what is now called Oxford, England's center of knowledge. An original Design by Qrys Bennett.
- Drunken Dragon Necklace is made of high quality excelsior pewter; nickel free and lead free
- Made in the USA by American artisans
- Adjustable cord necklace (30"/76 cm) with laminated ends and pewter accent bead included
- Double sided Drunken Dragon necklace
- Measures approximately 1.12" (2.8 cm) by 1" (2.5 cm)