Pewter Omega Symbol Necklace
The Omega necklace stood for many things in the ancient Greek world. It was a letter, syllable, and a representation of the number 800. It is also the namesake of the Omega Centauri globular cluster. Mathematically, it is the maximum limit to a set. It is most importantly known as the representation of the end or last. It was found on some ancient Spartan shields as a warning to their enemies that the 'end was near'. Omegas, in social terms, are outsiders, notable for distinction and do not conform to existing peer hierarchies.
- Omega Symbol Necklace is made of high quality excelsior pewter; nickel free and lead free
- Made in the USA by American artisans
- Adjustable cord necklace (30" / 76 cm) with laminated ends and pewter accent bead included
- Double sided Omega symbol necklace
- Pendant measures .75" (1.9 cm) in diameter