In this design Odin is depicted as a Warrior God. On his helmet are three magical runes. Ken is the rune of passion, guidance, creativity and the quest for truth. Tir is the rune of victory, justice, honor, leadership and authority. Othala is the rune of heritage, both physical and spiritual. In the Viking sagas he is depicted as having one eye, carrying his spear (Gungni), and wearing a wide-brimmed hat and cloak. He is said to be the template for the wizard Gandalf in the 'Lord of the Rings'. In his kingdom, Asgard, he has his ravens Hugin and Munin, who fly throughout the world and bring him back news each day. He also has two pet wolves, Freki and Geri. Odin's horse is the great eight-legged Sleipnir, best all steeds. Odin sacrificed himself in order to bring the magic of Runes to the world. Pierced by his own spear, he hung from the World Tree named Yggdrasil until he received knowledge of the runes.
- Made of high quality excelsior pewter; nickel free and lead free
- Made in the USA by American artisans
- Adjustable cord (30 inches/76.2 cm) with laminated ends and pewter accent bead included
- Double sided with the same design on each side
- Measures approximately 1 3/8 inch (3.5 cm) in height by 1 1/8 inches inch (2.8 cm) in width
Stock Number: PP-412-707